Monday, December 29, 2008

My Christmas Cupcakes

To start, know dear Reader that nothing I make will be as fancy as what my Ali makes. I love the simple things... that is to say the hacks, the corner-cutting route is the way I tend to go. A dinner party at my house is a lot of hiding the take-out boxes and baby vomit stains on the carpet. Enough about my disgusting home life-

All you need to make these is store bought cake mix, store bought icing cans- I used 2 vanilla, one I dyed red- and packaged ice cream cones. I also used green icing in a can by Betty I think (you should know I talk about major brands like they were girlfriends of mine, Martha Stewart, Betty Crocker etc) and various sprinkles and cinnamon candies. I also used green food color in the cupcake mix.

I thought it would be fun to enlist the help of my husband to decorate... let's just say someone was really into it(me!!) and someone was not(His are the ugly ones).


From Dec2008


From Dec2008


From Dec2008


From Dec2008


From Dec2008


And now you have amazing (if not mildly offensive looking) cupcakes!!

1 comment:

Courtney Trowbridge said...

Those are SOOO cute!! I would have never thought of the idea of using the ice cream cones to make christmas trees...how adorable!! Just think how hilarious it will be when you can enlist Jack's help. Noelle and I used to decorate Christmas cookies as kids and they were hilariously retarded looking and so sugary!